Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A prayer before casting my vote


A prayer before casting my vote
-Fr. Cedric Prakash sj*


Loving God,
I am about to cast my vote
in this General Elections of our country….

As I step into the polling booth
I humbly ask you,
Lord of wisdom,
to give me your discerning Spirit
that I may sieve the truth from the untruth
the reality from the myth
the light from the darkness
and the “propaganda”
which has overwhelmed me.

Give me above all
that courage I need
at this moment
to cast my precious vote
for that individual / political party
who is committed to the
democratic and secular character of India
and the guiding principles of our Constitution:
Justice, Liberty, Equality and Fraternity for all!

So help me, God!



23rd April, 2014


(* Fr. Cedric Prakash SJ is the Director of PRASHANT, the Ahmedabad based Jesuit Centre for Human Rights, Justice and Peace)

Address: PRASHANT, Hill Nagar, Near Kamdhenu Hall, Drive-in Road, Ahmedabad - 380052
Phone: 79 27455913, 66522333 Fax:  79 27489018
Email: sjprashant@gmail.com     www.humanrightsindia.in


No comments: